Recessed Lighting Installation
Are you tired of looking at bulky, obtrusive lighting fixtures in your home? Are you hoping to create more of a clean, uncluttered appearance in a specific room? A recessed lighting installation can provide the perfect solution.
Recessed lighting, sometimes referred to as pot or can lighting, features fixtures that are set into walls or ceilings rather than hanging from them. Unlike traditional lighting, recessed lighting fixtures have little or no profile, enabling them to provide ambient and accent illumination that can change the look and feel of a room.
Exploring the Benefits of a Home Recessed Lighting Installation
Why has upgrading to recessed lighting become such a popular trend over the last decade or so? A recessed lighting installation can provide several valuable benefits:
- Making a room appear bigger: Because recessed lighting fixtures are set into ceilings or walls, they take up less space within the room. This has the effect of making the space seem much larger.
- Creating a wall washing effect: “Wall washing” refers to the impression of more light being cast around a room that often results from a recessed lighting installation. Generating a wall washing effect typically entails the combination of recessed lighting fixtures and specially designed trim consisting of light scoops and directional reflectors.
- Highlighting specific features: Recessed lighting enables you to spotlight prominent items in a room such as artwork, bookcases, photos or memorabilia.
- Revamping the look: Recessed lighting fixtures and trim come in a wide range of colors and styles, enabling you to achieve a customized appearance.
- Enhanced energy efficiency: If you select recessed LED lighting fixtures, you will consume less electricity, which will lower your utility bills. A professional recessed lighting installation could easily pay for itself in a short time.
Reasons to Consider a Professional Recessed Lighting Installation in Westchester County, NY
While recessed lighting offers numerous benefits, you won’t be able to enjoy them if your fixtures aren’t installed correctly. There are various structural and safety factors to consider for a successful installation. You’ll need to create a lighting plan to ensure you place the fixtures in the right spots. You’ll also need to cut holes in the ceiling and/or wall to run the electrical wiring.
What’s more, you must be certain that the circuits that will power your new lighting can accommodate the upgrade and won’t overload. One miscalculation can prevent the lights from functioning properly — and possibly put your safety at risk. If you don’t have the expertise, it’s probably best to hire a professional electrician for the job.
Lippolis Electric Can Handle Any Home Recessed Lighting Installation in Westchester, NY
If you live in Pelham, NY or elsewhere in Westchester County, you can trust the pros at Lippolis Electric for a fast, safe, affordable recessed lighting installation. We’re a Pelham-based family owned and operated electrical contractor that has been serving the region’s electrical needs for more than 30 years. Our experienced, well-trained electricians have extensive experience in all types of residential lighting installation projects. And with our competitive pricing, you’ll get excellent value for your money.
Contact us for a free recessed lighting installation project estimate today.